Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Song for My Son

Michael, happy third birthday to you, my dearest one
You are the beauty and essence of my heart
Sweet child of my love and joy
Always has been, and forever my star

As we begin to celebrate your day of birth
I want to make this time very special
I want you to know that you are my angel
But I have said that again and again

I know that I tell you I love you everyday
On your birthday, I love you more anyway
Than yesterday and the day before
My love grows immensely with each year
It’s like a tree that grows slowly each year

On your day, I pray everything bright
Be yours from the moment of dawn till night
The stars brighten up the years ahead
And may each day be filled with life’s best
Like a song that lightens the stars, bright and sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel Free to Comment