Monday, April 26, 2010

I Dare You !

By: Musue N. Haddad

Beastly scumbag in robe
Deadly wolf in sheep wool
Destructive liar, merciless butcher
Deceptive smile, double tongue
Chant prayers, preach verses, all bull
Shatters lives and dreams, ignoble

I double dare you
Stand before a plain mirror
Life size neutral mirror, miser
You’ll see a charlatan, a sadist
A brutal narcissist, vilest
Consume by self ego, a reviler

I daringly dare you
My head, heart and hands aligned brightly
I say, Your hideous mission has failed
Destructive mission, abolish forever
We are redeemed, protected forever
Loser, we’re destined for success, prosperity

Copyright © Musue N. Haddad

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and perceptive poem Musue. Hiesous missions may often seem like they' re succeeding. But they inevitably fail. Keep the verses flowing.

    Baba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omari Jackson02 May, 2010

    Reading this poem frees my soul from the agony of the recent crisis in Liberia. This poem is a reflection of the characteristics of all "the soldiers" in the war. Thanks Musue, for now I know them all and what they were after. In the end we are victors and they are losers. We are destined for success and they are destined to lose. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel Free to Comment