Monday, April 19, 2010

Sixth Birthday: The Circle Completes

By: Musue Haddad

My child, my Prince Michael
Six years ago, Holy Thursday
To the world, you opened your eyes
That day, on a Holy Thursday
The celebrated Last Supper
Stories told, and retold
Thousands of years ago
Jesus shared bread and wine

Jesus washed the feet of his disciples
Demonstrated the duty of officials
To serve the public
Jesus’ betrayal by his own
And mocked by His beneficiaries
His friends denied him
And then, he was crucified
What a scene!

The day of your birth, my child
Six years ago, my Prince
Long hours of fight between good and evil
In the midst of pains, lies lingered
You emerged victorious that April
And Love outshined death that day
Honored with a beautiful smile

Since your formation
And then your birth on this earth
You’ve witnessed distractions, lies
Love battles pries, slantwise, gadflies
Pounded by untold betrayal my Prince
My child, the past is demise
For you, the moonrise and the sunrise

You are six, my Prince
Six, is like a full circular ellipse
You’re enfolded in a full circle
Like the Six points Star of David
Mighty Shield of David, a flawless star
Shielded David in battle and during his flight
Also symbolizes wisdom, beauty and divine grace

You’re a full six, my dear Michael
Anything less than beautiful
Your growth, and performance perfect
Nobly walk, talk, laugh, and brilliantly vocal
Crowned with courage and explicability
A whole loving miracle
An impressive divine plan that’s blissful

Surrounded by pure love, I implore,
From this day forth day, little Prince,
You shall rise graciously, and courageously.
As an torch bearer of love and pure light,
You shall enjoy uncommon favors.
You shall enjoy the fullness of love and life.
Wisdom, grace and peace are yours.
Overall, you shall fulfill your divine purpose
These I released upon you, my Prince.

Also, remember always my Prince
Release your hopes, and desires earnestly
As we do,with ease and joy always declare,
“I am here to shine brightly.
I am filled with God’s light and love
I am healthy, wise and blessed
I am one with God.”

Then, keep in mind that you are loved always
And God’s power is within you, my Prince!

Happy Sixth Birthday from your loving family & friends:
Mother Sarah, Aunty Kakuna, Monica. "Grandma at Minnesota Ave," Aunty Woman," The two Katherines." Taekwondo class, Aunty Victoria Michaels, Aunties, Uncles, and Friends.
As your Aunt Sarah concisely puts it: You are loved so much by many friends around the world you don't even know!

Copyright © Musue N. Haddad

6 comments:

  1. Marion Faya Massaquoi20 April, 2010

    Your poems are very inspiring and from the heart. I enjoy reading all of them. Food for the soul!
    Marion Faya Massaquoi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marion Faya Massaquoi20 April, 2010

    Your poems are very inspiring and from the heart. I enjoy reading all of them. Food for the soul!
    Marion Faya Massaquoi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marion Faya Massaquoi20 April, 2010

    Happy birthday to Prince Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful poem. You are writing a diary for your son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Michael. This is your Aunty.
    Musue I love the Sixth Birthday Poem. It is really powerful, and a prayer. Michael will be proud to read these poems as he gets older.
    I am so proud to be his 'aunt." You make parenthood beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12 June, 2010

    Dear Musue,
    I'm so touched by the poem you put together for your dear son.I was just on your blog. Please forgive me and say happy belated birthday to my little nephew, Prince--the apple of your eye and your pride and joy. Musue from reading the poem, I sensed that you may have been battling with some detractors but that's life. Whatever it is, just be strong in spirit always with a will to succeed come what may. I wish I'll be able to see you and Prince one of these days then I'll give him his belated bday gift. All the best Musue.
    Cheers for Prince!!!
    Frank

    ReplyDelete

Please feel Free to Comment