Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Search

© Musue N. Haddad

It’s being a season and some
Feelings of mellowness deep
I watch the days slipping
Flow of our memories flicking
The clock is ticking
Darkness is almost here
So I must search for you

My disquiet-ness is glaring
Confusion, deep long raging
I’m hunched before our spot
Where I learned love bliss
My heart aches a lot
I’m searching the streets
Looking just for you, my love

I rummaged around palm grove
But you weren’t there
I wept at the fallen trees
Leaves all withered and reddish
I combed the cassava grove
Only dead stems stared at me
My eyes are worn and reddish

Come towards me, my darling
Let’s meet at the T-junction
Or meet me at the sandy turning
Where our hidden villages glow
Let’s get some catfish again
Or walk the streets again
I’m searching for you, my love

Where are you, my dear?
I long to see your face
Feel your hands in mine
Eat in a bowl together
Stroll like it’s our last
Whisper till its dawn
Wake up delightfully refreshed

I’ve walked the dusty roads
Some unpaved, others bumpy
Litters in our rivers overflow
I pulled at bushes, and flower beds
I’m searching for you
Please come; hold me in your arms
Tell me again, what you said.
I love to hear you tell me,
“I love you deeply, and forever.”

Copyright © Musue N. Haddad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel Free to Comment